Thursday, April 10, 2008

Politics

I will be the first to admit that I am not a big fan of politics. I find the democratic system of government interesting but I am not fond of the political parties and elections coming up. The arguing, name calling and meaningless banter drives me crazy. And now election season is back. Except this time it feels like it has been going on for months and the end is still months away.

For the first time it seems like the primaries in my state will actually matter. Every before this one the primaries in NC are so late in the year that the candidate is usually decided and the candidates don’t really spend a lot of time here campaigning. Bu this year things are different. The television and radio adds are everywhere, especially the Obama adds. I kind of like the feeling that my state actually matters in this years primaries. It is too bad that I don’t really like any of the candidates though. It just seems like the candidates are the same every time even though they promise change. Of course I will still vote in this years election, but I can’t help but feel like nothing is really going to change no matter who wins.

No comments: