I have now turned 25 years old. And lucky me, my license expired this year on my birthday. I knew it was going to expire yet I kept putting it off until the last minute. And so, there I was on my birthday sitting in the DMV. I was eighth in line and only one officer was working. And I had class in 90 minutes. But luck was with me and the line moved quickly, that is until the girl two spots in front of me stepped up. She clearly did not want to be there and already had an attitude. When she got up there the officer asked what she was applying for and the girl told her. When the officer told her what documents the girl needed the girl literally started yelling at her in front of everyone. This continued for about five minutes before the girl finally turned around and stomped her way out the door.
Story over right? Not quite. I finally get up to the desk and start the process of renewing my license when the girl and her mother come back. As I am sitting there in the chair doing the vision test (and realizing I need new glasses) the mother starts screaming at the officer while looming over me from behind. I am literally have to slide down in the seat so the woman is not leaning on me. By this time another officer has arrived and he is staring at the girl and the mother with no clue about what is going on. I wanted to be anywhere but there. Finally the mother gets angry and leaves, slamming the door and waking the baby of a woman waiting in line. Teh baby starts wailing. By that point I am flying through the traffic signs test and trying my best to get out of there. Finally I get my license and practically run out of the office.
Just think, in five years I get to repeat this lovely experience. Or maybe this was karma coming back on for when I worked in the License plate DMV for five years.
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment