Before attending the New Baptist Covenant in Atlanta back in January I wasn't sure to expect from the experience. I went to the website and looked around and got some idea of what was going to ossur but I still wasn't sure what to really expect. I was excited about some of the speakers, especially John Grisham. Others, I was not as excited to see. But I thought that going into the event that my lack of expectations was not neccessarily a bad thing because I was more open to what was going to occur.
My repsonse to the covenant were mixed. I enjoyed many of the speakers at the event, especially John Grisham and Tony Campolo. Both speakers were easy to relate to and enjoyable to hear, especially with Campolo's humor. I also enjoyed the special interest sessions that I attended on Thursday. The messages about reaching out to the impoverished in our society really seemed to strike a cord with the audience, and with me.
The overall unity theme of the celebration was convyed through the sermons, sessions, and messages. In that respect the purpose of the celebration to promote unity was expressed in a convincing manner. And the celebration appeared to have been well organized and planned out. In many ways I think the event was a success in that in was a goood start to for the future of Baptists. If more Baptists can work and agree to unify in shared goals great things can happen.
Saturday, March 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment